Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Typhoons: We got some rain....that's about it though...

Hey guys!

Last week was really great! We found a few new great people! Things are starting to pick up in STA Monica! I'm really excited! We're getting a lot of rain here, but it's not too bad.... It's raining really hard right now. We just finished District meeting and now I'm emailing. I'll tell you guys a bit about how our week went.

Last Tuesday was suuupppper great! Haha. We taught Nancy and actually, I used Mosiah 2:17. It was a good small message. Then after we went to a return appointment to Sister Miraflores. And I was kinda worried because I actually taught Lesson 1 to her in the first visit and I don't always do that. I usually talk with them and get to know them, then share a small spiritual message that can really help them. Anyways in the first lesson with her I went straight to Christ's Earthly Ministry and how he set up his church. I never taught that in the first meeting. So it was a bit weird. The return appointment was soooo amazing though! The spirit was soooo strong and it was really amazing. I had this object lesson that I thought of a few weeks ago with a puzzle to do the apostasy and restoration. It went soooo well. There were kids too. And at the end of the lesson she said she understood perfectly and it was just so spiritual. I wish I could write how I incorporated the puzzle in this email but it would take a while. I'll tell you about it another time. :) Anyways that lesson was AWESOME!

Last Wednesday we taught Caren, an old investigator and gave her a baptismal date for the 30th. She wasn't able to come to church though so we have to push her baptismal date back, we're thinking November 13th. She just needs to go to church 4 times in a row and get married...we have already started working on the marriage. She has a really strong testimony of the Book of Mormon. Her hero is actually Nephi! Which is AWESOME! We also taught Gina that day about the Book of Mormon. It went well. She didn't come to church though so we have to push her baptismal date back till November too which is too bad.

Thursday we did some finding which went alright. We actually taught Nancy that day too. We watched Finding Faith in Christ! And just sort of shared testimonies. It went really well. Later on that day we had the FHE! So we just watched Finding Faith In Christ there and we all shared our testimonies. There was one lady with her 2 kids there and she seemed to really enjoy herself. It was really good, we plan on going back to her this week. We tried last week but she was never there. The FHE went really well. We just played some games that I know and had a great time!

The next day we went finding and we found an old investigator. I shared a verse in the Book of Mormon and set up a return appointment. I really want to teach his family though....It would be a lot better of course. We also found a few other people that were just ok......
Later on that night we had dinner at President Maico and that was when we found out about the typhoons going on in Manila. Things are pretty ok though here in Palawan. We got some rain....that's about it though.

Saturday we had Nancys interview then we had coordination and that was pretty much it. We visited a few members to see if there was anything we could to do help them but nothing really happened. We are trying a thousand things to try and find new investigators. It's not easy though. Haha.

Sunday we had church and the teaching assistants showed up and said they would work with us. I was excited. Haha. I worked with Elder Spiva. He is almost going home. Great missionary though. He is very great at asking questions. I learned a lot more about it. It's funny because I thought I was pretty decent at it but then I worked with him and he put me to shame. He really knows how to ask really great inspired questions. We only had 1 investigator at church that day. Her name was Charmaine. She is actually an old investigator that we never even met. We didn't even see her at church. Haha. The sisters told us after that they saw her there but we didn't because we never met her. Haha. Oh well. We're going to contact her this week though! Anyways that's about it for Sunday! Spiva and I had a really good day!

I really love the mission. This area is finally coming along. Things with Elder Christie and I are going great. We have no problems in this companionship! It's all going really well. We actually had hamburgers and fries that we made. They were great! I love everything about this place. I'm scared because it's going sooooo fast. But I'm just trying to make every moment count and just love everything! It's great! Haha. I love you guys so much!!! That's about it for this week! Thank you!

Elder Chris Gagnon!

No comments:

Post a Comment