Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I needed to be little bit bolder...

Scraping coconuts at the Palengke in Roxas with President Bayaras

Elder Chiong, Sister Castillo, Alejandro and Elder Gagnon

Last night in Roxas at Sister Lee's home




Hey Guys!

Had an alright week last week in STA Monica! Things are going ok! Did a ton of finding and got punted like 5 times almost everyday. Things are a little hard, but the area is progressing. It all seems to be doing really well! :D


Last Tuesday we visited a ton of less actives with a member in the branch. We found one of them who hadn't been to church in almost 2 years! He spoke about how he was always working on Sunday and had a hard time asking to get it off. I shared with him a verse from the Book Of Mormon that said his family needs to come back to church and he said he would come back. It was weird but I had a really strong feeling that I needed to be a little bit bolder and I'm usually only a little bit bold when I speak to people, but this time was really different. Anyways I don't remember exactly what I said but whatever it was it must of worked because he came to church and brought his whole family! I was so happy because we only had 1 investigator show up to church last week and that was Nancy. I was really happy that family came back to church. We are going to visit with them this week again and maybe have an FHE at their place.


Last Wednesday we went finding and taught a few less actives. We taught a few good lessons. We also taught Nancy and she invited her friend to listen to us. Her friends name is Devine. She came in like half way as I was teaching the law of tithing. I tried a new object lesson that I thought of last week, which was kind of fun for doing the blessings of tithing. Anyways we got to know Devine a little bit and I gave her a Book of Mormon and invited her to read the Introduction. She is a really nice lady. After we taught them we taught Gina who is still doing good even though she was not able to go to church last week.


Last Thursday we tried visiting a few of the new investigators which we had. None of them were around. We got punted all day. It was tough...We had a dinner appointment that night with the sisters and the zone leaders at President Mosqueras house. It was a bit weird because when we got there he wasn't there. So yea. We had dinner without him. And that was about it for Thursday.


Last Friday we taught Nancy a small lesson about Baptism which went well. After we taught her we taught Devine. We followed up on her reading and she read everything and the witnessess of the Book of Mormon! She read more than what we gave her and she said she believes that the Book of Mormon is from God. So I was pretty speechless. The lesson was pretty much her just talking about what she read. At the end of the lesson we gave her a lesson 1 pamphlet about the Restoration and asked when we could come back to visit her. She said........that we couldn't.........because she was leaving to another place and wouldn't be coming back here till January. Which is really too bad because I really thought we had a golden investigator. But it's ok. Haha. It would have been nice though to have a good new investigator though. That night we had a dinner appointment with the sisters at President Maico's (Branch president) house. We had fried chicken! It was good! He lives pretty far away and he wants to start a group in Sicsikan which all the members in our area could go to. That would be cool if we could do that. We have to discuss it a little more. All of our investigators are a little bit far from the church. So it would be good if we could do it.


Saturday we taught Gina the Restoration and we found another new investigator. Then that night we had Correlation. It went really well! The Branch mission leader and the Branch missionaries are all really excited to work and it is all going really great!


Sunday we went out and visited a few less actives with the branch mission leader. We organized a few family home evenenings with some of the people and I think we're gonna gave a great time this week! FHEs at members houses are actually really ideal for finding and it is something kind of new which we are trying. Hopefully it works! That night we visited an old investigator. She wants to be baptized and all she has to do is be married. So we are getting that started this week which should be interesting! I'm excited for her and I think it is going to go great! Elder Comish and his companion Elder Kummer came from Taytay yesterday. We went on splits because we had a lesson at 7:30 at night and they came in at about 7. So I worked with Elder Comish! And things went great. We taught Nancy about the importance of scripture study. It was weird because I have never taught a lesson with Elder Comish and we did really well together. We committed Nancy to read the whole Book of Mormon from start to finish. And she said she would do it!


Today we had district meeting and now we're here! That's about it for this week! Hopefully this week we won't get punted so much from appointments and be able to find more progressing investigators.


For Christmas, I don't really have anything that I really want. I guess the best would be just to surprize me. I really don't know. I know I said I would think about it, but I didn't. Haha.... There's just no time or enough hours in the day.


I really love everything though. I am sooooo happy all the time and just love to work. It really is the greatest thing in the world. Thank you all for everything! I hope you all have a great week!


Love you!!


Elder Chris Gagnon

No comments:

Post a Comment