Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Week 40 - Contacting while buying fishballs

Sharing the message of the restoration with a kambing


Peurto district at a service project. Elder Spiva, one of the Teaching assistants was also there.

Hey guys!

Great week last week in STA Monica! Haha. It's only been like 4 days I know, but yea! Elder Christie and I actually had a really good week. It was really good to see pics of you guys at home. I was happy to see those. So actually not a whole lot has happened since I last emailed. But yea! That's kool about Jason being home now. I'm sure he is a lot less busy because the mission is just the busiest thing ever. Haha. I'm glad you guys liked the pictures, even though they weren't from my camera. I brought mine today so I will for sure be able to send some later. Our area is really starting to pick up right now. We are getting more progressing investigators and it's starting to go really well.

Last weekend we didn't have any investigators at church again because it was district conference, which was amazing. All the talks were really great actually and President Stucki actually spoke too. It was great to hear from him. We also had interviews with President Stucki last Friday. District conference was definitely the highlight though. It was also kool because we had it broadcast for Roxas and Coron, which was the first time that has ever happened in the Philippines. All the talks were really great. I really loved President Peterson, who is the senior missionary here on Palawan. He spoke about being comfortable and it was just so amazing. It was seriously one the best talks I think I have ever heard. President Stucki gave a talk on the temple which was also really good and President Yu, the District president here in Puerto also gave an amazing talk. It was really good.

Our investigators are doing really well. We visited with Nelson who really wants to learn. He has been kind of quiet the last few times but at the end of the lesson I felt impressed that he could have a baptismal date so we committed him to be baptized on December 4th. Karen is still doing really well. We just have to get her married. We also have Juliet, who is doing great. And Sister Beng, who is someone I contacted while buying fishballs, which is like this snack thing here. Anyways we contacted her at her house a while ago and now she's doing really well. We tried visiting her yesterday but she wasn't there, but the daughter came outside and she had an open Book of Mormon in her hand that we gave her. So they seem to be doing really good. Also we contacted this less active member, and I just got to know her and she used to live in Roxas. So after finding out a little more it turns out that she actually used to live in the same kind of place as Sister Lee and Tay Guillermo and Alfred and all them. Those are actually her cousins!!! She didn't know that any of them actually got baptized or were being taught. Sister Lee still hasn't gotten baptized though. :( I really miss all those people in Roxas. Oh and Irene is actually a recent convert in STA Monica but her hometown is Roxas. So yea I met her here. Mike Villanueva is also the Mike that works with us here all the time. So yea. Anyone who adds me, just accept them and that will be good. Actually if you could send me the names of everyone who has added me that would be great. Thank you for updating my Facebook! haha.

So yea. Elder Christie and I are doing great and we just love working in STA Monica. To answer some of your questions, I have worked with Elder Comish. He is doing great. He was a little sick but he is doing really good, he is actually training now in Taytay. It was fun working with him because we're both really good now so we didn't have any problems teaching together.

Oh yes, handkerchief is the word for "panyo" in English. I forgot. I just say panyo. I think that will be hard when I get home and I'll have to stop using tagalog words....:)

Anyways that's about it for this week. Don't really worry about what to send. Actually I could use some new socks too. A lot of mine have holes in them and my investigators keep making fun of me for that. Haha. They think it's funny. But yea. Socks are actually expensive here. And also I don't know if there's money in my bank card but I have withdrawn quite a bit so yea. If you could please make sure there is money on it because I will be sending gifts home. So thank you! :D

Thank you so much for everything! I love getting emails and reading about home. Sounds like you guys are doing great! Hope you all have a great week and I love you all! Thank you!

Love,

Elder Chris Gagnon

No comments:

Post a Comment