Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Transferred to Santa Monica still on Palawan!

On the beach outside the underground river in Puerto Princesa

On the mountaintop in Taytay wearing another (smaller) Elders shirt and tie which he had to borrow because he didn't expect to stay overnight. It was a little small!

Jessa and Larry's Baptism

Elder Gagnon with his new companion Elder Christie

Hey Family!

I'm in Puerto right now and we just had transfer meeting! SOOOOOOOO I am staying!!!...............On Palawan..........................I did get transfered out of Roxas though. Which is really too bad. I was a little sad because I really loved the members, and everyone over there. I'm going to miss it a ton. So you're probably wondering where I got transfered. I got transfered to Santa Monica A which is near Puerto, still in Puerto zone. I'm excited to be there. I don't have to travel 2 hours to district meeting anymore:) My area is actually.....Being shotgunned.... Yes, I am shotgunning, again. Haha. The last missionaries were Sister Martinez and Sister Roque, they both transfered out. I'm in a new district. My district leader is Elder Peterson and we have a new zone leader, Elder Hyde. And now my companion! His name is Elder Christie. He is new in the mission. I am his 1st senior. So he is in his 3rd transfer. He is from Kansas!!! Which is awesome! I'm really excited to start work tomorrow in our new area! Haha. From what I hear though, they are struggling. So it will be FUN! :D. Oh and also, Elder Comish got transfered here to Palawan. He and his companion are in Taytay. There are now 4 missionaries over there in Taytay. I'm happy Elder Comish is in my Zone! I was so happy when I saw him get here and found out we were going to be in the same zone. It's going to be an amazing transfer I think!

So I guess I will write a little bit about how my week went last week! I didn't bring anything, again. Sorry!

We had a decent week, I actually worked in Taytay on Tuesday and Wednesday and went back to Roxas on Thursday. We were on exchanges. I worked with Elder Baltazar. We taught some progressing investigators, went to the jungle where one of his recent converts lives, climbed a mountain, went back to the city sort of place, then saw this one house high on this mountain so we decided to go there, so we did. We found this really nice Tatay and he fed us and is now progressing! Haha. It was really high and beautiful. I will send pictures.

So Taytay was really fun. When I got back to Roxas we taught Larry and Jessa 2ce to make sure they were ready for their baptism. It was too bad....Jessa' father actually left on Thursday to go to the dagat because he is a fisherman and he was going to be gone for a while so he couldn't go to the baptism. So Jessa asked if I could baptize her and I did. The baptism went amazing! Elder Chiong forgot to ask people to give a talk on Tuesday so we had to do it on Thursday. Luckily President Reyes and Jessa' sister, Joy, gave a talk. :). So I got to do both baptisms. I baptized Jessa first, then Larry. Larry was super happy before he got into the water. He was really excited! After that they both bore their tesitmonies which was also really great. They also bore their testimonies the next day in sacrament on fast Sunday! It was amazing to see. Larry has really come a long way. I'm really proud of him and every decision he has made.

That night I got called and was told I was being transfered. I was actually feeling really sick and was throwing up that night. Haha. It was really random. I don't know what happened. It was not good though. I wouldn't stop. It was like 5pm till 11:30. So we didn't get a whole lot of work done.

We got to visit some of the investigators last week. We visited the Honorio family. And now Michael John said he knows that the church is true. We had a very good lesson. We committed him to baptism that day. The rest of their family is also looking really good too. I'm excited for all of them. They actually texted me today saying how much they would miss me and to take care in Santa Monica.

Nay Bajos is also really doing well. She came to the baptism and watched. Also her whole family which were inactive, came to church! It was cool to see because we contacted the inactive family, found someone who wasn't a member and now everyone is going to church. It's great!

Sister Lobick is also doing great. Really wants to be baptized. We helped her clean her house last Monday which also went great! We didn't get to teach her that much last week though.

Last Monday was the best. We had one more F.H.E at Sister Lee's. We had a great time. I taught a lesson from 2 Nephi 5. Everyone had a great time. Then right before we were about to close. Sister Lee said that they would like to share a message. Which was really nice. They all were just saying how thankful they were that I was assigned in Roxas and I got to meet them and become friends. Everyone took their turn talking. I'm am going to miss them soooooo much. She was sad because I couldn't stay for her baptism.

I am going to miss Roxas soooo much. I love every single one of the members, investigators and recent converts. It was hard to leave.

So I have been here in Puerto since Tuesday and I am going to be here tonight as well. Elder Christie and I still do not have an apartment. I'm excited though. Haha. It's too bad, I didn't get to take pictures in the Roxas apartment. Haha. Sorry!

So I guess I will answer a few of your questions, I didn't write my talk that I gave last week. Elder Chiong was actually asked to speak because I found out that I had to play piano 5 minutes before sacrament. He was really nervous and I could tell that he really didn't want to so I just spoke instead. It was on obedience so it's a really easy topic. :)

The trend with missionaries is usually they stay at least 2 transfers on Palawan. That's like the minimum, unless they get really sick. I love it here but at the same time I miss the city. Haha. :D

Anyways I guess that's about it for this week! Wish me luck in my new area! I'm going to need it! I was really nervous yesterday but I prayed really hard that I would be ready to shotgun and be a senior. I felt really good about it today. Please tell Dad to get better and I am praying for him and everyone back at home. Also please tell Granny and Auntie Lynn that I said Happy birthday and I hope they had a great one! Thank you for everything guys! Thank you for your prayers and for your love! I am doing great out here and I am just loving the work! I love you guys!

Elder Chris Gagnon

No comments:

Post a Comment