Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

Monday, August 20, 2012

August 6th, 2012

Hey Everyone! It's transfer announcement day and guess what??? I'm staying in Makati for another 6 weeks! I'm really happy. Elder Kunzler and I have been doing great work and things are going really great. Last week actually we had ZLC and President asked what I thought about staying in my area for another transfer. I told him I would be happy no matter what happened and we stayed! Other kool news though is the Sisters in Mandaluyong 1st are getting pulled out and they are putting 2 new elders or sisters in there. And Elder Comish is going to my old zone Las Pinas as a zone leader. So that's always kool. And Elder Baltazar is no longer our AP. He is going to another zone and he will be training a new missionary. Elder Quintana is our new A.P. He is in a picture when I was on Palawan. He was there in Puerto when I was in Roxas. :) Things with our investigators are going really good. Sister Alona is doing great! She is really understanding everything and is always coming to church. She will be getting baptized this coming August 18th. Sister Janet was also supposed to get baptized this month, but she wasn't able to come to church last week, so we have to move her date till September. We have a few new potentials that we are working with a few goal dates, but as of right now I think Alona and Janet are the 2 who are really making great progress. It's been raining a lot here lately. It's getting really hard to stay dry... I need new shoes. I'm going to buy some rubber ones today, I'm tired of my socks always being wet. It floods a little bit here. It hasn't gotten higher than our ankles yet though. I know it's a lot worse in Mandaluyong. The Sisters in that area are all having a hard time and work has been a little bit low. Everything in Makati is pretty good though. :D I don't have a lot to say. Oh yea, Elder Glodo is going home this Wednesday. He is done his mission. I spoke to him on the phone earlier. He was one of my favorite companions. Last Thursday was ZLC. It went really well. We are going to be focusing on the BOM this month. We have a 3 hour zone meeting we are supposed to prepare for tomorrow so we are still trying to figure out what we are going to teach and practice. It's going to be great though. Also how did you and Justin do on those questions I sent last week? Were they too hard? Also that's really great about Justin's papers possibly coming in this week. You should maybe send a video of him opening it or something. If not though that would be fine. How is everyone else doing by the way? Has Kameron come home yet? If he has tell him I love him and I hope he loved his mission! :D Also is Ben really coming home next month? I can't even believe that. I'm really really nervous about going home now. It's coming really fast. Anyways, that's about it for this email. Sorry it's really short. Things are going great over here. Happy Aniversary Mom and Dad! Also Happy Birthday Dad. I love both of you guys and hope you all have an amazing week going camping! Take Care! Love you! Elder Gagnon

No comments:

Post a Comment