Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

Monday, April 16, 2012

Carlito was baptized!

Hello!

Sounds like you guys are having a great time in Florida! Haha. Well right now it is P-day and we did quite a bit of cleaning the apartment. We had apartment checks last week, so that went really well we didn't fail! Hehe. Everything is going great though in our area and in the Makati zone. In our area last week we had 8 investigators at church which is actually the most I've had since Roxas I think. I don't know if I've ever had 8 in STA Monica. I don't remember though... Either way, Elder Duero and I were really happy. :D We met a few new investigators last week and things are going well with our progressing investigators.

Last week I also got to go on exchanges with Elder Declaro in my area, he came from Roxas, Palawan. So I got to find out about the converts I had over there. They are actually almost all active. Larry moved away to a place near Puerto but I don't know if he goes to church there and Mel Arcenas moved away from Roxas to a place where there isn't a church yet....so he is no longer active. But everyone else is and I'm happy about that. Actually he doesn't know, but he thinks that Roxas is going to the temple soon, obviously I don't know if they have or not, but if they do that means April, Karen and Rocel will be coming to do proxy baptisms! So I really want to find out when they are coming and see if I could get permission to go see them at the temple. It would be soooooo cool! Also, he said that in October they might have another temple trip, which would mean I might get to see Tatay Guillermo and Merlinda get sealed and see Nanay Erlinda get her endowment! I heard that Nanay Erlinda actually might have a calling now so I'm really excited for her. It was just really good to know that the people I baptized are still active. I'm really happy for them. Oh yea! And last Saturday, Carlito was baptized! I'm not sure if Cheryl was baptized, but I think she was too. I will just have to find out.... I know Carlito was though so I am also really happy for him. :D

Last week was my birthday and yes, we did do a little something. Of course we worked really hard and then at about 7 at our lesson with Sheryl, we had pizza! Actually Sister Joy, who is Sheryl's friend at church bought the pizza. So we just had a lesson and had pizza. The lesson went really well. We taught the word of wisdom and for Sheryl there really isn't any problems. She is definitely ready for the 28th of April, this week will be her interview. We are really excited for her! :D

After that lesson and dinner we went to teach Kennedy, who I don't know if I've said this in my email is the boyfriend of a member, Andrea Natividad, so we teach him at the Natividad house. When we got there and they found out it was my birthday they said we needed to do something, so we ordered pizza and they gave me a slice of cake. It was really nice and I was really really full. :D

Things are going really good with Kennedy, he has a baptismal date on May 19th and he is coming to church! :D So we are really excited for him. We have a few more potentials for the month of May, and actually we saw April again and plan to visit her this week so she might actually be baptized with Sheryl on the 28th. We will know this week though.

Last week we also had ZLC and it was a good experience. It's always good to see friends in the mission. Our plan for the month of April is to stay the course, the mission is doing better and better and we don't want to fall but gradually improve and improve. There wasn't a lot of changes or new announcements for the mission. We just want to keep growing and be consistent. Makati Zone has improved so much in March and April. This April we might have the highest number of baptisms in over a year... So we're really excited for the whole zone. Everyone is working really hard and doing a great job. I just want to sort of stay consistent and not fall...

Also, this week we get to go to the temple. I'm really excited because it's almost been a year since I have been able to go. :D

Well, that's about it for this email. I didn't get your package yet but I might tomorrow. We will just have to see! :D Thank you so much for sending me money! It will be used wisely. Thank you so much for the support that you guys give me! I hope you have an amazing time in Florida and that everything goes well with Justin sending in his papers. It would be soooo kool if he got assigned to the Philippines Manila mission. This really is the best mission in the whole world. OH! Also, please thank Auntie Lynn for her card and the Blakemores for their Dear Elder! :D I was really happy to hear from them. I hope you guys have a great week!

I love you!

Elder Chris Gagnon

No comments:

Post a Comment