Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Maayong Adlaw At Manigong Bagong Taon!

Maayong Adlaw At Manigong Bagong Taon!

We have a new mission address!
Philippines Manila Mission
P.O. Box 1997
0714 Makati City
Metro Manila, Philippines


Had a really great week last week! Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun last week even though Andrew is still in a cast. That's too bad. Who was the person that Thiago knows? I don't know anyone that has served in Vancouver from the Philippines....Unless there was someone in Las Pinas that served there.....I can't remember though. Haha. We had such a good week even though I didn't get to work in my area for most of the week.....I got sick last Wednesday and then last Friday I went on exchanges with Elder Berse in his area. We had a great time doing finding! Haha. He is pretty new in his area he is pretty old in the mission. He goes home in 6months. It was a really good day. We found a few inactives that had gotten offended. It was crazy! I never met more offended people in my whole life. Haha.

Yolly is going to be getting baptized this week. We will finally have one the week before the transfer ends! I'm really excited for her. She went to church in Narra last week and she is really excited to be baptized. She has been to church 6 times so she is really ready. She has also started to give us referrals so she has been doing great! She will be a great member of the church. OH! And Nancy, the one who was baptized last October will be giving a talk at her baptism and Brother Abria, a brother who was baptized at the same time as Nancy, who was an investigator in the Sisters area will be performing the baptism. I'm really excited for both of them!

Carleto and Pass are also doing amazing! Last week we had a lesson with them and we were talking about the word of wisdom and how it was going and Tatay really wasn't sure if he would be drinking on Saturday, New Year's Eve... So we spoke about faith and had a really good lesson about that. We also gave him a blessing at the end to help him deal with temptation. At some time during the lesson he said that he wasn't going to promise that he wouldn't drink. That Sunday he and his wife both came to church. And it was funny because when we saw them we also saw Gerson, who I know because he is from Taytay and he was up here because his wife was in the hospital. But he was really encouraging them. It was really nice to see him and he is really new in the church but he is an amazing missionary. He really just testified to Carleto about everything and it was really nice. That day we went to Carleto's house and spoke to him and he told us that he didn't drink the night before because he really didn't want to and the thought of it made him sick. I thought it was amazing because he had a really big party at his house where there were a lot of drunk people and he didn't drink at all. I was really really happy for him. And now he accepted to be baptized on the coming January 14th with his wife. They told us that they have control over what they do and they made the choice to not drink again. I am super happy and proud of both of them. They have both been amazing people to teach and I think I might miss their baptism because I might not be here because transfer day is January 11th.

I love this area so much and we are starting to have a lot of success in finding interested investigators and less active members who want to come back and make it to the temple. I love my mission so much and I really love the people we teach.

To answer some of your questions....Yes, I did get both packages. I got everything that was in them too. They were all wrapped. It did not look like anything was open. Thank you again for those packages! I love you guys so much and pray for you all everyday. I hope you all have an amazing week!

Elder Chris Gagnon

No comments:

Post a Comment