Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

Monday, March 26, 2012

This week I hit my year mark in the Philippines! (from week of March 19th, 2012)

Elder Duero, Elder Buasen, Elder Smith, Elder Wong and I at the top of our apartment after going on exchanges.

Me and My BATCH! We were all at the training meeting last week. Elder Comish is a Zone leader in Cavite and Elder Morris is a district leader in San Gabriel.

Then this my batch in the field. All of us came to the mission field at the same time. That's Elder Morris, Elder Antonio (District leader in Narra) Elder Teodoro (District leader in Cavite), Elder Comish and Me!

Hello Family!

This week was another great one! We had so little time to work though, we only had a total of like 18 lessons or something this week, which isn't very good we usually get in between 25-30, so yea.... Anyways besides that though it was a good week! Unfortunately, April did not get baptized yet. She had her baby last week. We are going to be seeing her this week to see how she is doing and stuff though. :)

Last week, we had a huge 2 day training meeting with all the District leaders and Zone leaders. It was definitely the longest meeting ever. It was really good though, President Stucki made a really cool comment that I liked, he said there are a million books on being leaders and stuff and he said there is no better books than the scriptures. It's so true. I love the scriptures so much. :) Also we had practices on teaching doctrine but it was weird because I had different companions, and we were teaching in english which made me realize how easy teaching really is in english. Haha. After the first day of the meeting we got to work with Province Elders, who also slept at our house. So yea, in our mission there our 6 province zones (Narra, Puerto Princesa, Naic, San Gabriel, Cavite, Dasmarinas) and 6 city zones (Makati, Makati east, Las Pinas, Paranaque, Manila, and Pasay) and the province Elders worked with the city elders. I got to work with Elder Wong, who just took Elder Comish's place in Taytay and Elder Smith who is in the Narra zone on Palawan. They are both district leaders. Wong is a really cool guy. We had fun working together. They said it was weird to work in the city though. Haha. I can't believe how lucky the district leaders are though, they got to fly from Palawan to come here. Haha.

Last Tuesday we did an exchange. I worked with Elder Malit in his area. I actually took his place here in Makati as zone leader, but he just stayed in his area, became a district leader and trained. Then zone leaders area moved from his area to Makati 2nd. He is a really good teacher. He is from Quezon City which is super close and his dad was a mission president in the Tacloban mission. Actually his dad released Elder Guarino almost a year ago. So that's pretty cool. It was fun working with Elder Malit. We taught really well together and had a fun day. He goes home next transfer so he will probably finish in the area he is in now.

Last week we also had an FHE at the Chua familys house and it went really well. Our investigator Kennedy showed up and he looked like he had such a fun time. Elder Duero and I did games. And we had so much fun. Kennedy really wants to be taught but we didn't get to him once this week which was too bad.

Also last week I got to give a talk in sacrament. I was asked to speak about finding people to teach. So I just used a few personal experiences and a few references in PMG and a bunch of stuff like that. It went really well. :)

I don't have a whole lot more to write about. The training meeting took up a lot of the week..... It was really good and I learned a lot. :)

That's really cool about all the heat back at home. And about Jason being in the same class at Danny! Tell them both I said Hi. And I will try and get out some letters in the next few weeks. I've been really busy though.

I love being a missionary. It's going by so fast though and I don't really want it to end. This week I hit my year mark in the Philippines, which is really weird because this is the mark where everyone says is their peak in the mission, where you're really good at everything and have everything really down. I don't feel exactly like there. There's still a million things I have to improve on and get better at. I've learned almost everything I need to learn it's just really applying everything.

Well, everything is going really fine though. The Makati zone has had 8 baptisms so far this month! Elder Duero and I are really happy for the zone and next month looks like it might be another really good one. :)

Well that is about it for this week. I love doing the Lord's work. It's the best thing ever and I would encourage everyone who is preparing to go back from home to just GO! It's the greatest thing they will ever do! Thank you so much for supporting me! And I love you all so much! Have a great week!

Love,

Elder Chris Gagnon

No comments:

Post a Comment