Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

Monday, January 31, 2011

2nd Week at the MTC

Kamusta Tatay at Nanay!

Sorry about last week, I was really rushed off the comp because I didn't know that I only had thirty minutes.

This week went great! On Tuesday we had Sister Evans and David F. Evans from the Quorum of the Seventy speak to us! Both were great talks! Sister Evans spoke about how it is very important to write home as much as you can. And how it is also important to pray for family and friends. David Evans spoke more about how important missionaries are to the world and how it is easier to keep commandments 100% of the time rather than 98% of the time. He also explained how charity never fails and we should always accept people for who they are!

So MTC life is pretty awesome! I have been getting up earlier than 6:30 a.m. so I can get a half hour extra to study the language. It's coming along good now, I am starting to form sentences, but it's not always easy. I can pray in Tagalog now! Which is awesome! :)

So yesterday Elder Morris (Elder in my companionship), and the other three guys in our district went to choir practice and me, Elder Comish (the other guy in my companionship) and Elder Tomasi (Elder in my district from TONGA) stayed in our classroom to study. But I was talking to Elder Tomasi and he was talking about how he used to box professionally for Tonga! He went to the Olympics in both Australia and Beijing! He didn't get a medal though :P Also, another cool thing about him is that he has only been baptized for a year and he is the only one in his family! He is really a nice guy!

So pretty much how the MTC works is we get up at 6:30 (or earlier) and get ready, then we go eat breakfast at 7:00 a.m., then we have service, class, gym, companion study, personal study, and language study. Then at 11:30 it is lunch and at 4:30 it's supper. We have 30 minutes for breakfast, and 45 minutes for both supper and lunch. And everything else is scheduled in between 7:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. Except for Tuesday, where we have a devotional. Oh and 9:00 - 9:30 is planning and a small district meeting. At district meeting we just discuss how everyone is doing and we discuss our goals which me made as a district, oh and it's also where we get mail! It's cool because we have this cheer thing for our District, our District number is 3D and in Tagalog 3 = tatlo. So what we do after the prayer in district meeting is get in a circle, put three fingers in the middle and say "Isa, dalawa, tatlo!" Then we also say "TATLO D!" It's pretty cheesy, but it's awesome! I love our district.....

Sunday is church and how that works is we get up, Elder Comish has a leader's meeting, so we have to get up early with him, have breakfast, then he has his meeting, then we study and plan what we have to do. Yesterday, we had to teach our district about "Preach my Gospel" Chapter 5, which is the Book of Mormon. I loved it because it was more of a discussion instead of us talking about how we can use the Book of Mormon to teach.

We also do priesthood meeting. I had to conduct the music for priesthood meeting, and in two weeks I'm going to have to play the piano :P because the older males in our zone are leaving, so we won't have a piano for priesthood or sacrament. So I volunteered myself to do it! I'm going to buy a book though that has simplified hymns so I can actually play them.

Then there is P-day (this is their personal day). We pretty much just study, write home, and do laundry. It's an awesome day to just relax!

Anyway, my time is up! I hope everyone back home is doing great! I feel bad because Theresa writes me every day and I can only write her once on Monday! She is going to be getting a long letter though. And so will you guys!

Mahal kita Kayo!

Love Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment